cashing in olg tix

This area is for discussion of proline plays. Picks, handicapping and edge plays all welcome.
olgplayer45

cashing in olg tix

Post by olgplayer45 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:06 pm

hey guys if i go to a store like the gas station and they put in more than the $80 olg store limit will i face any penalties or problems when i go to cash my ticket especially if its over $10 000?

say i play $500 at one store because the guy doesnt know the rules and he runs $500 of proline pt spread tickets, when i cash will that be an issue or is that solely the responsibility of the clerk who ran the tickets

leoj

Re: cashing in olg tix

Post by leoj » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:57 pm

Expect to get asked how much you played at the store, be up front.

You'll get paid, it's the store owner who might face sanction.

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:56 pm

Typically you try to keep relationships with stores positive . Getting them in trouble is not ideal. Some effort to avoid tickets over $1000 while running over the limits I belief is a common approach .

Does OLG care when store owners sell over the limits for pools Leo? We know they should not with pools. I won three tickets with 1 wrong with the wife purchasing the tickets for me and going over limits a tad. Nothing was mentioned to that store. But If the purchase at the store was $800 or something I imagine it would be different.

What would happen if a store owner gives you a lotto ticket for free and it actually wins the jackpot? I realize this may seem as simple as go in and get paid while being upfront and honest. I somehow doubt this would be the case tho. Be a long wait at least I would think.

leoj

Post by leoj » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:59 pm

They aren't a counter party on pools play so they may not care as much if stores sell over $100.

However they still ask the stores to respect the limit.

ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Post by ProlinePlayer » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:38 pm

Logic would say this is the case but I'm not convinced that the OLG is that strong on logic.

A story ....

There was a small variety store/gas station that was out of the way of my usual travels where I had stopped and talked to the owners several times. I had 2 stores in the area, one good for $850 a day and the other good for $2300, but the problem was that it took a 20 minute drive to reach them. What I needed was a few more to make the trip worth while. The owners were tempted to come to an arrangement but i couldn't quite sell the idea.
Then. Talking to my runner one day I mentioned this to him. Surprise, he tells me he is a close friend of the family. So now I go up and talk to the store owners with my friend in tow. He assured them that we had this down to a science and they would be safe from any OLG repercussions. With his help I got them to agree to an $850 play limit for myself.
About a week goes by and all is going well. So i thought. Drop into the store to deliver the slips and the clerk tells me sorry - they have a 2 week suspension on sports lottery for exceeding limits. F*ck.... After all the effort I put into this we got caught in less than a week! And you know the owners are never going to agree to continue after the suspension.
A few days later I pop in again when I know the owner is going to be there. As I'm getting ready with some story to spin he tells me he's sorry?!? It turns out the reason for the suspension was that he and friend ran through $160 in pools tickets on Sunday.
Never mind the almost $2000 in proline and pointspread tickets on Sunday. The killer was the $160.

PLP

ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Post by ProlinePlayer » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:41 pm

leoj wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:57 pm

Why be up front? I lie. I suspect they know i'm lying through my teeth but they do pay me.

PLP

olgplayer45

Post by olgplayer45 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:29 pm

ProlinePlayer wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:41 pm
leoj wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:57 pm

Why be up front? I lie. I suspect they know i'm lying through my teeth but they do pay me.

PLP
yeah but if the tickets are played one after the other no way that could be anyone's ticket but yours.

surprised to hear your story about a $160 pools suspension, that does seem odd for sure.

what I've gathered from this thread is that the worst that could happen is the store owner could get a suspension on his machine and you may lose your spot. don't think cashing out's an issue however. As long as you prove the ticket is yours, don't think there's an issue with spending a bunch.

zoo99

Post by zoo99 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:57 pm

Has anyone had difficulty cashing say two or more $7500 tickets, same combo but different stores.

OriginalOpportunist

Post by OriginalOpportunist » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:38 pm

Does anybody have any suggestions for me? I have 2 tickets from November 29th that I ran at 2 different stores the same day. I already foolishly signed both of them and each is just over a thousand. I am sure that if I mail both in together they will still pay me out on both as I bought them. Issue is I am unable to remember which stores I bought them from. I tried to match up the terminal numbers on the tickets going to different stores but no luck. I would need to mark them as unknown and describe the area I guess. Could they give me a hard time having spent over the $100 per day limit though as the total is over that. I did not break it up which I should have.

olgplayer45

Post by olgplayer45 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:02 pm

zoo99 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:57 pm
Has anyone had difficulty cashing say two or more $7500 tickets, same combo but different stores.
i dont see how that's an issue at all. if they ever say anything just say u really liked the combo

but they shouldnt say anything as under 10k i dont think they ask much questions