Question

Discuss winning strategies, theories and ideas
PropGod

Question

Post by PropGod » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:00 am

I know this is kind of a tough question to answer and there may not be an answer to it anyway but i have to ask.

I been doing alot of betting online this past little while. (About a month total) and stopped playing Olg products.

When is the best time to bet on a baseball game?
The night before? The morning of? or just before the game starts?

Im trying to purchase my plays at the best odds possible for obvious reason but seem to be placing bets a bit pre-mature.
It sucks just before the game starts realizing you missed out on that extra 20 points

How can i track these movements without sitting at the computer all day?
Is there a site that shows all the Line movements throughout the day?

ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Re: Question

Post by ProlinePlayer » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:47 am

There is no easy answer but I'll try.

Favourites or dogs?
I read once that there is a general trend for the price on the favourite to go up as it gets closer to game time. Although I've never seen any actual data to verify this I believe that as a general rule it may be true. Given that it seems sensible that if you're backing the favourite get the play in early. If the dog - wait.

Another factor is how are you determining your plays? What kind of data is important to you? If you're the kind of bettor who checks the starting lineups of each team and your bets depend heavily on who is and isn't in the lineup then you probably want to wait as late as possible.

On the other hand it is accepted that the lines become stronger the closer you get to game time. In order to win, what you need no matter how you pick, is weak lines. Your best shot of finding these is early. Betting into overnight lines there are often (imo) weak spots that can be taken advantage of.

Hope that helps,

PLP

ChinMusic

Re: Question

Post by ChinMusic » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:26 pm

No need to sit at the computer all day. Just keep track of your bets vs. closing lines.

If you are usually beating the closing lines, then you may have a winning system. Bet as early as possible, keep tracking your results, and even if you are losing at first, the winning may not be far off.

If the closing lines are usually beating you, then be careful. Lower your wagers and re-examine your system. No shame in that, beating the books is *hard*. If you are winning anyway, then maybe get in the habit of making your bets close to game time. Be sure to check the lineups first. Maybe a star player is getting the day off.

Good luck!