FanDuel

Gambling talk and strategies for other (non-sport) games
McGuire72

FanDuel

Post by McGuire72 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:19 am

Anyone have any experience with these daily fantasty leagues? Given that you're wagering against public/hobbyist gamblers rather than any formal sports books I would think it could be... Exploitable? With the right system in place. Have any of you done research into this or made any money off them, or do you consider them mostly a product of luck that will lead to long term losses due to the overhead fees?

sabres

Re: FanDuel

Post by sabres » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:54 pm

McGuire72 wrote:Anyone have any experience with these daily fantasty leagues? Given that you're wagering against public/hobbyist gamblers rather than any formal sports books I would think it could be... Exploitable? With the right system in place. Have any of you done research into this or made any money off them, or do you consider them mostly a product of luck that will lead to long term losses due to the overhead fees?
Haven't done any research, but I wondered the same thing. Had no idea it existed, until I heard a buddy of mine from Buffalo as a spokesman. :D

sabres

McGuire72

Post by McGuire72 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:00 pm

You referring to mike schopp by any chance? I'd heard ads for this on various radio stations for the past year or so actually but it was his endorsement on wgr550 with the 100% deposit bonus code that convinced me to give it a shot and throw some money on there.

sabres

Post by sabres » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:04 pm

McGuire72 wrote:You referring to mike schopp by any chance? I'd heard ads for this on various radio stations for the past year or so actually but it was his endorsement on wgr550 with the 100% deposit bonus code that convinced me to give it a shot and throw some money on there.
Yeah, he's a friend of mine. I've been meaning to ask him about it, but haven't had a chance. Maybe I will.

sabres

McGuire72

Post by McGuire72 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:40 am

That's pretty cool. I don't mind his show in the afternoon with Bulldog, and have even called in a few times. Nice guys. They have good football/Bills coverage, but I could really do without the Buffalo Sabres circle-jerk they have at that station. If you do speak with him, tell him there are a lot of Canadian fans of the station who would really appreciate Colin Cowherd back in the mornings... at least during the summer time, do we really need two hours of Sabres Hockey Hotline every single morning in July and August? I email the program director there regularly begging for some sort of sanity, but I've never even gotten a reply.

I tried out my first FanDuel league last night by the way. Down $2 so far. There are quite a few freeroll tourneys on the site as well, and it's simple enough to enter your roster for the day into the freeroll without having to draft players again. Having fun with this so far... still not sure if I'll ever make any scratch off it though. :) Trying again today with some college football!