Proline sports wagering limits policy change

This area is for discussion of proline plays. Picks, handicapping and edge plays all welcome.
kbet

Proline sports wagering limits policy change

Post by kbet » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:46 pm

EFFECTIVE APRIL 1, 2024

PROLINE

SPORTS WAGERING LIMITS POLICY CHANGE

Effective April 1, 2024, OLG's sports wagering limit for PROLINE will be $100 per outcome (individually or combined), per customer, per day, per location.

NEW!

The Sports Wagering Limits policy in the Retailer Policy Manual will be updated April 1, 2024, as follows:

4.13 Sports Wagering Limits

OLG's sports wagering limit for POOLS is $500 per customer, per day, per location.

OLG's sports wagering limit for PROLINE is $100 per outcome (individually or combined), per customer, per day, per location.

Retailers and their Staff may not permit customers to exceed the POOLS or

PROLINE wagering limits.

Failure to comply with this policy will result in Corrective Action and, depending on the outcome of an investigation, may result in penalties ranging from a violation letter up to termination of Retailer Agreement.

How to identify this activity

Do not process the same $100 wager slip more than once for a customer.
If you are processing multiple $100 wagers from the same customer, check the slips for duplicate wagers before printing tickets.
The lottery terminal will be updated in late Spring to identify when successive identical $100 wagers are processed. More information will be provided once that solution is launched.

https://about.olg.ca/wp-content/uploads ... 024-EN.pdf

bangminton

Re: Proline sports wagering limits policy change

Post by bangminton » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:35 am

A huge step backward. They can kiss the Proline store traffic and sales good-bye with this move, Kev.

kappa

Post by kappa » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:03 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh ya, this is a great business decision OLG. Done with these clowns.

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:31 am

This is so unbelievably frustrating. The amount of money they must be losing to implement such a rule. After getting stores in trouble for so many years for running over $100 limits to then get them in trouble enforcing that old $100 rule to then put the $100 rule back and a confusing touch it is very hookie pookie. I fucking love you OLG but your getting on my nerves. I am so used to being able to bang 5k through a store now this is going to suck.

Check the slips? It is qr codes now? More information when solution is avaible lmao

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:09 am

rich, this is what the Petro Manager of the store that I frequent has to say. Let me know if you think there will be workarounds...1 suggestion is to change the denomination of the wager e.g. play 1 ticket for $100 first then play the same outcome for $99 then $98, so on and so forth.

Obviously it will add time and complexity to the equation because you have to manually key in those wager, 1 at a time, using the crappy OLG app. There could be impatient people waiting behind you, for their smokes and gas, at your local Petro but I understand that may not be your biggest concern :)

kappa

Post by kappa » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:38 pm

This is going back to the cat and mouse days of OLG. Back in the good old days it was well worth playing the game with them because of the huge edges and easier for stores to strategically process the plays to not get flagged. Now with the changes they've made on the technological side and their ability to change odds at anytime just doesn't seem worth the risk for stores. It will be much easier for stores to get busted and hence they will probably be less willing to bend the rules.

Seems like they are purposely killing the in store product more and more which makes no sense when they have a stranglehold on that area of sports betting here. They only want the guy/girl that's going to play a few dollars parlay or a pools ticket while they are filling gas, buying smokes or lottery.

You are right on richhh, they must be losing alot since the changes to have to go back to this. Those who were still playing heavy can be proud of contributing to that I guess lol.

Really though $100?? Why not limit to even $1000 per play?? Just seems like a big F U from OLG to the sharper proline players.
The anonymity of proline was already out the window when they are tracking down where people live and have OPP go question them. This was the final nail in the coffin in my opinion.

Good luck to you guys if you find a work around and continue to play in-store. Not worth my time anymore. You win OLG, thanks for the memories!

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:15 pm

Based on our past experience, they always seem to have glitches whenever they introduce new features so I will keep an open mind and my eyes peeled for any opportunities, post April 1st.

I do agree they are re-introducing this limit because they have been bleeding. Whether that is due to the heavy hitters taking them to the woodshed again (even with the heavily juiced ProLine/PointSpread/totals and the near real-time updates for Props) or other reasons (inactive/injured players scratched from the lineups for points collection) or something else algother is up for discussions.

These changes are coming in 3 weeks so I hope you guys continue taking it to them for the next 3 weeks or so. Gotta make hay when the sun shines, like our good man, Grizz Joe, always loved to say back in the days!

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:01 pm

New limit coming into effect tomorrow. I will do a round of my usual stores tomorrow and see what's going on.

Please do the same and report back here.

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:03 pm

Just a data point on my end: A MLB player was not in the starting lineup today so I ran $99 ticket 10 times and they all went through, with no issue. There was no message flashing on OLG terminal about the new limit, or anything of that nature.

Will continue to monitor the situation for the days/weeks ahead and report back.

Ricky_Slade

Post by Ricky_Slade » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:21 am

Thanks bang