Need GB to win Oct. 9 pool. Advice please...

This area is for discussion of proline plays. Picks, handicapping and edge plays all welcome.
pacer

Need GB to win Oct. 9 pool. Advice please...

Post by pacer » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:34 am

Good morning fellow posters. It has been months hell maybe over a year since I posted and I am sure we all miss the "good ole" days. I have Green Bay to give me a winning pools ticket. Not a huge bettor but wondering what it might pay and should I cover my bet by throwing some $$$ on Las Vegas. $100 pays $167.00. I know crap payout but... Thoughts and all the best and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!

bangminton

Re: Need GB to win Oct. 9 pool. Advice please...

Post by bangminton » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:37 am

Hey pacer, glad to hear from you! Hope you are doing well, my good man!

With a 12-game card and the lack of upsets so far (I counted only 3 small dogs who won outright: Colts, Steelers, Jets), I am afraid the payout for this week will be significantly less than last week ($4K and change).

Saints-Patriots game was more or less a pick-em type of game as line moved back and forth and tonight game is also a wash, based on the spread.

I am not sure how much you spent on this card but I would just let it ride. Congrats for making it thus far, it's no easy feat and you can hold your head high!

Happy Thanksgiving and hope you bring home the bacon tonight!

pacer

Post by pacer » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:05 am

Thanks Bang and great to hear from you ole friend! I boxed 3 games (likely the toss ups lol). I will let it ride and Go Pack Go!! All the best to you Sir!!

Legal_Bookie

Post by Legal_Bookie » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:24 am

Last edited by Legal_Bookie on Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:24 pm

Any more luck with Pools (or other games) since then, pacer?

The estimated Pot for this week Pool (Week 7) was just around $400K, lowest of the season. I thought it'd be higher as there are only 12 games on the card so more folks may want to jump into the Pool, pun intended, hoping to score a winner, but I guess that wasn't meant to be.

Maybe fatigue from the Poolies who got tired of not cashing anything and deciding to look elsewhere for actions?

prtt

Post by prtt » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:35 pm

its impossible to win pool with one ticket, even spending for ex. $320 to box 6 games wont help much. thats why only pools with couple guys can afford to box 8-10 games for couple grands and win sometime. for regular player play $320 in anything else can bring some money back or even win.

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:56 am

Its absolutely possible to win with one ticket. Groups boxing 10 games should welcomed with open arms in the pool. Wish there was more.

pacer

Post by pacer » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:46 pm

Bang, Been playing but good old KC did me (and a lot of folks) in last week. Get back on that horse and try again :lol: . Have a great weekend and if "you care to wager, wager now" lol. One of my favourite race callers (Roger Houston) or as my brother in law says "don't be ascared"....

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:08 pm

All the best to you, pacer and rich!

Pools Pot for this week (NFL Week 9) closed at $370K and change, lowest that I have remembered in recent memory. No weather issue, no holiday, nothing out of the ordinary.

Be interested to see if the level of interest continues to remain the same, for rest of the season.

pacer

Post by pacer » Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:35 pm

Bang, thanks keeping the thread alive. I was going to post "No advice needed" lol. I do have LAC but Atl did me in for shucks sakes!! It's tough sledding up hill lol!!