Cappersmall Sept 22, 2023 Friday

This area is for discussion of proline plays. Picks, handicapping and edge plays all welcome.
richhhh

Re: Cappersmall Sept 22, 2023 Friday

Post by richhhh » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:56 pm

I personally just want mlse cards but since they are not there I choose nfl@nhl yesterday. Those are all gone and just nba left so guess will get those as I am sick of waiting for the refill...

What are you guys liking for these sports shops? Any deals sticking out ? Anyone able to apply more then 10 gift cards per transaction?

In event someone wants to swap there mlse gift cards for nhl or nba let me know.

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:51 am

They have doubled the amount of points required to redeem gift cards, from 1,500 to 3,000, rich. Don't think it will make much a difference...

On another note, any idea why they keep releasing cards and freeze certain Props as soon as they do so? Were you able to get in any of them?

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:18 pm

I assume you are referring to the unclickable props that has been going on since day one(less so now) No I cant say I have gotten down on them as even if you do check your ticket it will not be the player you wanted from what I have experienced.

The reducing the value of points is not ideal of coarse but its a sign that this promotion is not dead yet which is good and possibly the elusive MLSE cards will return. The instant the MLSE cards become available they will be gone 10 times over.

In terms of the other cards anyone liking anything in particular. Any tips???

NFLshop.ca Pegasus 40 Running Shoe for $222 is pretty good. To bad we cant get the 39's at half the price like the nflshop.com(american)
Nhlshop.ca of coarse jerseys/hoodies etc. Womens cloths seem to be better deals and nicer. Collectibles like sign pucks and other man cave items are ok. Some things are over $250 and the max 10 gift cards per transaction is a bummer with $25 cards
Nba shop is extra meh for me personally. Some shoe options that were not my style.

Another option offered by Fanatics is sell them your gift cards for egift card to their shop. $17 is offered for $25. Much more options here like mlb and stuff but a hit on the value of coarse.

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:00 pm

I have ordered a number of NFL/NHL jerseys and have started to post them up on different platforms (eBay for international customers and FB Marketplace for local residents).

It's hit and miss, so far, but these jerseys didn't cost me anything so I'll take what I can get. Patience is definitely a virtue lol, steady inquiries but lots of tire kickers and worse, no-shows. That's the reality of second hand marketplace (not just for jerseys). It is what it is.

I hope they start offering gift cards for other retailers (Best Buy, Canadian Tire etc) but the way this program is run, that maybe a short-lived experience ;)

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:46 pm

Many of those shoes I mentioned (pending the team logo) are on sale for $167. Not bad

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:51 am

Gift cards are pretty much gone the same day (or same morning even!) anytime they are re-stocked now, rich. Doesn't matter what it is, even less than desirable NBAStore, I am guessing people are stocking up and will use for rainy days?

Any idea when the September contest prize draws winners will be announced? The October prize draws don't look at all appealing to me, the Between the Benches for the Leafs game maybe attractive to you and the lads in the GTA but it's meh, for me.

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:48 am

I have not even looked at the draws in any way. My assumption is these draws would be very low ROI long term as there will be a zillion entries.However Bang if you won leaf tickets there is no such thing as a hard ticket as it is all digital so you would be sent tickets to your Ticketmaster account and then you just select the sell button, price them for $800 a piece and if that is below market they will get gobbled up in mins and Ticketmaster will reissue tickets to the buyer and pay you (with a large fee of coarse).

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:47 am

Hey guys now that another regular baseball season is a wrap, let me know if there is another risk-free way to rake up the points.

Baseball playoff is under way but most (if not all) of the Player OLG offers for Props are in the starting lineup.