Cappersmall Sept 13, 2023 Wednesday

This area is for discussion of proline plays. Picks, handicapping and edge plays all welcome.
Biffalo Buff

Re: Cappersmall Sept 13, 2023 Wednesday

Post by Biffalo Buff » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:44 pm

Hey Bang,

Thanks for your questions. I have been limited at books for betting things I shouldn't have, like palpable error lines and correlated parlays that shouldn't have been allowed. But that was in my early days and I have learned since then and generally I now avoid bets like that. But I do still get limited at books for things as simple as winning or even just getting closing line value.

I am not finding soft prop lines with OLG any more. They were there when they were first starting out but if they are there now I am not seeing them. Nor am I looking particularly hard. I wouldn't have gotten back to betting retail Proline if not for the points program. Lately I am betting player props with retail Proline even if their odds are in line with the market. With something like 29 regulated books in ON it is very rare that retail Proline will haver the best odds in the market but they are occasionally at least decent and the points program makes it worthwhile. And while they certainly do pull bets, with anonymous retail betting getting limited doesn't have to be a concern.

I don't really have a plan for what to do with all of these points. Richhhh has offered what is likely the easiest way to monetize them. I thought about becoming that guy that just buys a lot of gifts "Hey I got your a Maple Leafs hoodie and jacket just because!" but then I might have to explain the abundance of sports clothing I would be giving away. Side note: there are some decent discounts on "Washington Football Team" clothing at the NFL store. Get 'em while they're hot because when they're gone they're gone.

I read the terms of the points program and they seem to be very strict about having one account per person and would void all points connected to any account that violates this term. So maybe I'll have to just go all in on winning some tickets to the World Series.

bangminton

Re: Cappersmall Sept 13, 2023 Wednesday

Post by bangminton » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:51 pm

It for sure is tough sledding out there, Biff. I have been extremely selective with my plays, not playing much, if at all this past summer.

Baseball has always been a tough nut to crack, even in the best of times of the good ol' days with stale lines and pointspread values up the wazoo.

I was really hoping they would make ProLine and PointSpread odds the same for retail as their online offering. I even went so far to let them know about this in their customer feedback survey and also tweeted to them but it looks like that has simply fallen on deaf ears.

As you correctly points out, the margin for retail ProLine is razor thin for them but if they want customers to come back in stores, they will have to do more than just offer a (limited) Points program.

Hopefully there will be some opportunities for NFl and NBA coming up. Those 2 sports have traditionally been our money maker over the years.