Self-serve lottery terminals are coming to Ontario.

This area is for discussion of proline plays. Picks, handicapping and edge plays all welcome.

bangminton

Re: Self-serve lottery terminals are coming to Ontario.

Post by bangminton » Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:23 pm

I wonder what the (daily) limit is for these terminals, if any, and whether that is part of the store limit where these terminals are located or if they have their own.

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:38 am

I worry that the future could be you have to sign in before playing even at a store and that is ultimately how they cut sharps off (limiting).

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:57 am

rich, I was thinking about these self-serve kiosks as similar to the touchscreen at your local McDonald's or Tim's where anyone can buy anything off the menu and pay with credit cards (or cash/redeeming winning tickets at the counter).

Are you thinking this to be along the line of the touchscreen at Costco food court where members have to swipe/scan their membership card first, before they can order food? In this case, players have to enter their OLG credentials first? I agree with you that would certainly not be good...

tshi2015

Post by tshi2015 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:32 pm

they have these in atlantic province and before you do anything you swipe your driver's ID first

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:18 am

tshi2015 wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:32 pm
they have these in atlantic province and before you do anything you swipe your driver's ID first
Do you know if Atlantic Canadians' Driver's license # is tied into their online ALC account? I know there is all kind of linked identity/single-sign-on crap these days but this is a pretty big stretch, IMO.

I think swiping driver's license is just to confirm the players are 18 (or whatever the legal age to gamble is out East) and not necessarily tied to user account restrictions and what have you.

tshi2015

Post by tshi2015 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:46 pm

yes you need to provide driver's license before registering for ALC account so when you swipe your driver's license at the machine they know exactly who's playing

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:18 pm

tshi2015 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:46 pm
yes you need to provide driver's license before registering for ALC account so when you swipe your driver's license at the machine they know exactly who's playing
This site has a bit more info and you are right, we will have to swipe ID first before we can play.

Nice to see this one paying out (smaller) prizes as well. I suppose it will be stocked with cash or perhaps OLG lottery cards in the amount that we choose.

https://dailyhive.com/toronto/self-chec ... -terminals

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:59 pm

Has anyone had a chance to use these self-serve terminals in Ontario?

Will your accounts be restricted, if they deem you to be winning too much? I have no interest to fight traffic to get to the stores to find out I can only put $50 on each play, as an example.