the world is full of idiots

This area is for discussion of proline plays. Picks, handicapping and edge plays all welcome.
ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

the world is full of idiots

Post by ProlinePlayer » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:41 am

Covid has been very educational for me. I never realized before what a high percentage of the planet is populated by morons.

Here's today's tale.

Checked my email. Not the prolineplayer one but my personal account with my ISP. Outlook gives an error message. Tried the usual assorted type things and then contacted my server through chat. They tell me there are no email address associated with my account. What I ask? Where did they go? He does not know but will fill out a report and forward it to their tech department. They should be back to me within a week. Tell me, how the frick can an isp just suddenly lose all your email accounts?

Now this is not the first time I've had a problem with them so I say that's it - I'm going to switch all accounts I have online to a new address using the prolineplayer domain name so that my server cannot my server cannot screw my emails up.

Go to all my bookie accounts and change my email address. This was more of an aggravation than you would believe. But here's the best...

Pinnacle ...
To change my email address I need to again verify my account. In the past 20 years I've probably already done this a dozen times. Have to submit all my personal data and various bits of id. Just to change my email address? Ok. They tell me it should be 3 to 4 days to check and then they will update my email address. You would think they would be happy that i inform them of the change. No? Anyways - whatever...
So later I log in to place a bet on one of tonight's soccer games. Guess what? Access to my account is now blocked until my documents can be verified. lol . Unbelievable!!! Absolute morons!

PLP

bangminton

Re: the world is full of idiots

Post by bangminton » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:29 pm

It will be interesting to see how things shake out when single-game wagering is set up here in Ontario, PLP. My understanding is OLG and private companies will do so but the vig may still be high and a segment of players will continue to bet offshore.

This is no different than cannabis where people are still buying stuff off their dealers, for a number of reasons (price, convenience, quality etc).

ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Re: the world is full of idiots

Post by ProlinePlayer » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:43 am

bangminton wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:29 pm

This is no different than cannabis where people are still buying stuff off their dealers, for a number of reasons (price, convenience, quality etc).
Found the stuff from the pot stores to be very good personally. Bit high priced though I agree.

:D

PLP