Printer

Questions, suggestion and tips regarding the use of the ProlineParlayMaker program
Prolineus Veneficus

Printer

Post by Prolineus Veneficus » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:43 pm

Hey fellas

Ive seen it addressed in here n the past but i was wondering what you guys are running for a printer? I dont want to break the bank but Im sick of scrambling to fill out tickets in a time crunch. Is it difficult to set up the printer to print the tickets? it seems like something someone like me would have a hard time setting up LOL

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

PV

richhhh

Re: Printer

Post by richhhh » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:26 pm

Extremely simple if your a registered member with access to plp's print function. I have used various printers. My favorite printer is my original 20$ inkjet printer. Inkjet's are supposed to be slower then laser printers but since we are only filler out tiny boxes and not printing full pages inkjets seem to spit them out faster then laser printers. That being said I have only used 2 laser printers.
For mobile printing (printing in the car) I also recommend inkjets. They do not use as much wattage most notable starting watts. Inkjets can simply plug in and work in the car while laser printers use 800 starting watts and a inverter is needed to use in the car and wiring directly to battery may be necessary.
There is actually mobile printers which run from a battery so plugin in is not necessary , I currently own a hpofficejet100mobile and while its compact enough to fit in a laptop bag ( with a 10" laptop) and is also ready to print wirelessly and without plugging in it cannot process the proline slips very well. Its worked for a couple weeks but now skips the boxes erratically which is unacceptable.
So basically a cheap inkjet will work for home use ( and car use). Inkjets are not preferred by most people because printer ink drys out when not used for long periods of time, for us that problem does not exist as we print regularly.
Mobile printing is more complicated and if anyone has a mobile model that works well for them I would like to know about it. Because printers cannot be left in the car Ideally the printer has to be compact. I thought I had the perfect set up with my officejet100 as it is compact and fit into a fashionable laptop bag so I pretty much carry it with me at all times but it just could not process are the proline slips like it can with normal white paper.

Prolineus Veneficus

Post by Prolineus Veneficus » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:37 pm

Thanks for the reply Richh!

Looks like ill run out and grab a cheap inkjet from Staples and fiddle around with it. Its time to retire my crayons, with these edges being pulled quickly and popping up 30 mins before tip off leaves little time to scratching tickets together.

Prolineus Veneficus

Post by Prolineus Veneficus » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:11 pm

Ive got my $40 HP inkjet up and running, only problem i am having is its printing the marks about 3mm to the right of where i need it to and the parlay maker only allows me to adjust to the right or down. Im going to continue troubleshooting but if someone has any idea what im missing here thatd be great.

Lantern

Post by Lantern » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:15 pm

Try using a negative value to adjust in the opposite direction.

Prolineus Veneficus

Post by Prolineus Veneficus » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:32 pm

Lantern wrote:Try using a negative value to adjust in the opposite direction.

My Hero :clap: :clap:

Thanks Lantern, knew it was something simple i was overlooking.

Naomi

Post by Naomi » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:39 am

Prolineus Veneficus wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:32 pm
Lantern wrote:Try using a negative value to adjust in the opposite direction.
Master Royale Infinity Download
My Hero :clap: :clap:
mod apk download
Thanks Lantern, knew it was something simple i was overlooking.
Mine too...saved my as* and time. otherwise i would have did something wrong, lol.