Points from gas stations

The math of winning at proline. Edge play, bankroll management and related issues.
red_falcon

Re: Points from gas stations

Post by red_falcon » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:10 pm

tshi2015 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:01 pm
what's the advantage of using this website? it doesn't seem to give out discounts or rewards?
Right now, in my area, there is a shortage of OLG Giftcards. I can't see them in any shoppers, Groceries or anyplace now.
its like it got blown off the planet or something.

Advantages...
-It's all online, so no physical issues when buying it i.e. can't lose it or get it compromised.
-You can show the printout on your phone or paper.
-Really fast and convenient purchase. If you buy now, and it's approved, you can easily get it within 20 minutes or less. very handy!

Disadvantage:
-only $500 at a time for purchases. I suspect you can do multiple purchases of $500 though.
If you buy more like $700, it will reject your purchase as a billing error. Online, I didn't see any discounts or rewards. Then again, I hardly see any OLG Yellow/blue Gift cards these days...
-website only takes Visa or Mastercard. No Amex... bummer.
-one other thing... Privacy policy of this gift card company... behind this website is Blackhawk Network Toronto On, which based on a quick google search, is a company that specializes in providing Physical or E-gift cards. I don't know what their privacy policy is, or if they would expose personal data to their clients. Just being a skeptic when it comes to these things.

Conclusion:
I would say, in the absence of any gift card promotions, this would be a good go to place to get small amounts of E gift cards if you are in a hurry and need it within 20 minutes or so. Certainly this option is better than handing out cash to get your tickets, but somewhat below any of the Gift card promotions of late.

Red. =)

red_falcon

Post by red_falcon » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:17 pm

richhhh wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:35 pm
Only advantage I can think is to buy with credit card and use at places that do not accept credit cards ? My thoughts the risk of gift cards/site etc do not justifie the benefits here .

Speaking of which.... Red I have gift cards that start with 07675030892 which you mention are recalled? Are these prone to not work?
Richhhh, that's exactly the point of getting these.. local mom and pop shops will accept these, and also no need to carry so much cash with you for safety purposes, especially on evening runs. Also, some other benefits stated in my other post.

Yes, these gift cards that with 07675030892 are being recalled. In fact, the Shoppers drug mart places near me are all throwing out the baby with the bath water and threw out all of them, even the ones that are working. Main issue is the barcode isn't recognized at the OLG machine, so you can't activate it or input the 4 digit password.

I would suggest running the gift cards through to see if they work.
For those that don't, you will need to call OLG (number is the back of the gift card). The new procedure, as I recall, is they will confirm the amount for each gift card, and then they will send you the white/blue gift cards. No need to ship the non-working gift cards, as they will be deactivated on their end.

Red. =)

tshi2015

Post by tshi2015 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:31 am

Thanks Red Falcon, good luck with your plays.

kbet

Post by kbet » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:54 pm

Sobeys gift card deal this week!
buy $150 get 100 AM.

zoo99

Post by zoo99 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:56 am

Anyone see any promos this fall/winter ?

tshi2015

Post by tshi2015 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:11 am

eBay had Canadian tire gift card 100 for 85 last week, not sure if still on sale, limit 5 per customer

I tried to purchase on eBay multiple times, but for whatever reason payment could not go through, tried credit card, visa debit, both won't work, so gave up. Never had problem before so quite disappointed this time couldn't get the deal because of stupid payment problem.

Haven't seen Canadian tire or OLG cards on sale in stores for a while. Those were the good days when the PC point offer was on lol.

tshi2015

Post by tshi2015 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:32 pm

some what unrelated, but UGO wallet has 100 amazon card get 5$ bonus until dec 12.

Biffalo Buff

Post by Biffalo Buff » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:59 pm

Before you go all out on Canadian Tire gift cards I had some from a few months ago from the last eBay promotion. I tried to spend them on Proline and the cashier said I I don’t think you can do that. The next time I went there was a sign up saying gift cards can’t be used on lottery or tobacco. Same sign at the other Canadian Tires in my city. At this time if not sure if this is a local decision or a provincial decision. I guess I’ll be buying gas at Canadian Tire for the next little while. Could have been much worse as there have been times I have had thick stacks of Canadian Tire gift cards. Fortunately for me eBay has a limit.

zoo99

Post by zoo99 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:05 pm

Thanks for the heads up Buffalo, I have stocked up a few times on these in the past

zoo99

Post by zoo99 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:34 pm

Figure a lot of posters subscribe to this thread so I’ll mention here, interesting post on other forum under basketball prop card for tonight. Talks about major changes for proline coming jan25th , no more props, no more winning by 4 or 6 etc, dynamic lines and other changes. Poster is usually pretty reliable as far as I know of.