Points from gas stations

The math of winning at proline. Edge play, bankroll management and related issues.
tshi2015

Re: Points from gas stations

Post by tshi2015 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:43 am

zoo99 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:10 pm
Triple petro points on now
is it on all kinds of lottery or just scratch tickets? I was at Petro Canada last night and didn't see any advertising. Do you have a link?

zoo99

Post by zoo99 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:38 am

Was just a sticker on the kiosk that you fill tickets on. Said something like Triple points on all draw based games. Jan 4th to March something. I got the points on my props tickets but maybe it was just how they were rung in?

tshi2015

Post by tshi2015 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:33 am

Thanks Zoo! I've noticed that before, some cashiers ring in proline as 6/49 and inadvertently one gets some bonus points because of that. I'll have to look around my local station see if any such stickers. appreciate your input

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:11 pm

Do you guys see any changes to the points collection, with the upcoming ProLine changes to be introduced next month?

Props may or may not stick around and/or go online only and that will be a bummer as I know more people (including us) play Props than ProLine/PointSpread/Pools, for a variety of reasons.

How can we collect loyalty points when Props goes online? Do you get anything right now with ProLine+ like Aeroplan with LCBO, which is another provincially run organization (used to be AirMiles) lol

red_falcon

Post by red_falcon » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:17 am

bangminton wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:11 pm
Do you guys see any changes to the points collection, with the upcoming ProLine changes to be introduced next month?

Props may or may not stick around and/or go online only and that will be a bummer as I know more people (including us) play Props than ProLine/PointSpread/Pools, for a variety of reasons.

How can we collect loyalty points when Props goes online? Do you get anything right now with ProLine+ like Aeroplan with LCBO, which is another provincially run organization (used to be AirMiles) lol
Bang, Proline+ allows RBC to be funded, where some of these accounts provide Avion points (which you can earn through debit).
I don't use RBC for personal banking so I'm not so sure which accounts will qualify for this endeavour. More details can be found below:
I don't know of any bank accounts that do this, aside from RBC. Maybe someone else could chime in?

https://www.rbcrewards.com/#/faq

Red.

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:34 pm

New changes are scheduled to come next week, sooner than I expected, red.

Will have to see how things shake out. OLG seems to be in a real hurry to implement these changes, possibly to get a stranglehold of the market, before more competition is due to arrive soon. It is no doubt a cut-throat business now that OLG is no longer the only sheriff in town. Hopefully, we can still get a slice of the pie, one way or another.

red_falcon

Post by red_falcon » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:25 pm

Yes, I noticed the new flyers and promotional material have come out at the local stores.
Guess this all happens February 1st.

It truly will be the wild wild west when it comes to sports gaming, online and at the stores.

Red.

tshi2015

Post by tshi2015 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:42 am

I thought they are waiting until after superbowl? does it specifically say feb 1st?

bangminton

Post by bangminton » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:57 pm

tshi2015 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:42 am
I thought they are waiting until after superbowl? does it specifically say feb 1st?
That's the intel I gather from a local convenience store owner and chatter from other forums, tshi. New changes will be rolled out next week (February 1st).

From a business perspective, it does make sense OLG is implementing these changes, sooner rather than later. The iGaming platform will open to other gambling companies to come here in April (you can Google for articles about this) so the sooner OLG got people familiar with their platform and offerings, the better it is for them because competition for gamblers' dollars will no doubt be fierce. There's only so much $ going around...

I know we will miss the current system but the truth of the matter is we are a minority (just check CM, TMB and other ProLine forums and you can count the edge players on your fingers. Majority of players will prefer the convenience and more choices in the new system, even if that means the odds are adjusted dynamically, to our detriment, but it is what it is. We all know it was just a matter of when they would do this, not if...

tshi2015

Post by tshi2015 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:04 am

Thanks for the intel bang. Personally for me playing anything that's not anonymous is a big no-no. Plus I like to support the local stores. We shall see what happens next week,