Parlay Maker Won't Update

Questions, suggestion and tips regarding the use of the ProlineParlayMaker program
mlansky

Parlay Maker Won't Update

Post by mlansky » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:40 am

Hey PLP,

I switched to Windows 8 on my laptop and now the Parlay Maker won't update. I re-downloaded and re-registered it with the same result. Has anyone else experienced this same problem? Can you please help me out.

Thanks,

mlansky

skalba

Re: Parlay Maker Won't Update

Post by skalba » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:18 pm

Im having issues with my parlay lists taking forever to load.
Parlay maker freezes up to "not responding " for several minutes before generating my list .

ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Post by ProlinePlayer » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:07 pm

mlansky wrote:Hey PLP,

I switched to Windows 8 on my laptop and now the Parlay Maker won't update. I re-downloaded and re-registered it with the same result. Has anyone else experienced this same problem? Can you please help me out.

Thanks,

mlansky
I also have Windows 8 on one of my laptops and tested the new version. No problems.

Is this still a problem? Anyone else?

PLP

ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Post by ProlinePlayer » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:08 pm

skalba wrote:Im having issues with my parlay lists taking forever to load.
Parlay maker freezes up to "not responding " for several minutes before generating my list .
Again, no issues here.

Are you still having a problem with this?

PLP

richhhh

Post by richhhh » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:40 pm

The parlay maker will freeze up if you have a ridiculously large game list. To the right of generate play list is a box which you can enter a minimum edge. By entering say -5 the game list will only generate individual plays with a edge of -5 or better.( I am not referring to the parlay minimum edge). On days with many games this will avoid parlay maker scanning through games you would not be using anyways. If it is still reacting slow you likely are still trying to generating to many parlays. Open a separate tab for 3 gamers/4 gamers etc... Hope this helps:)

skalba

Post by skalba » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:03 pm

ProlinePlayer wrote:
Again, no issues here.

PLP
Its much better today. Maybe the play list size issue as a few have stated.
If it still has to scan through regardless that makes sence.

ProlinePlayer
Site Admin

Post by ProlinePlayer » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:25 am

skalba wrote:
ProlinePlayer wrote:
Again, no issues here.

PLP
Its much better today. Maybe the play list size issue as a few have stated.
If it still has to scan through regardless that makes sence.
Yes this is probably the source of the problem. I mentioned this in another thread which probably got lost on its page but if you have a long play list... Even if the final list of parlays is not that long the problem is that the program has to analyze every possible parlay that can be created and then compare it's win probabilities to your minimums. The number of parlays actually checked may be many times the length of the final list.

PLP

mlansky

Post by mlansky » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:03 pm

PLP,

Thanks for the reply. I'm still having problems with the PPM not updating. Also, it won't let me download the newest version 1.5.0.5. It reverts back to version 1.5.0.2 every time I try to re-download it.

Thanks again,

mlansky
ProlinePlayer wrote:
mlansky wrote:Hey PLP,

Thanks,

mlansky
I also have Windows 8 on one of my laptops and tested the new version. No problems.

Is this still a problem? Anyone else?

PLP